Welcome to the world of culinary delight, where we present our Pineapple Rice recipe. This quick and flavorful dish is all about preparation and savory goodness, featuring the delightful combination of Rettaikili Kolam Ponni rice infused with the sweetness of pineapple and a medley of vegetables. Join us in discovering a delightful and easy-to-make homemade fried rice that elevates your dining experience.Print
- Prep Time: 15minutes
- Cook Time: 20minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups cooked and cooled Rettaikili Kolam Ponni rice (preferably day-old rice)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas or diced carrots (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews or peanuts (for garnish, optional)
Step 1: Prep the Ingredients: Start by preparing all your ingredients. Cook and cool the Rettaikili Kolam Ponni rice in advance, as day-old rice works best for fried rice. If using frozen peas or carrots, thaw them. Chop the onion, red bell pepper, and green onions. Drain the pineapple chunks if using canned pineapple.
Step 2: Heat the Pan: Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and let it heat for a minute.
Step 3: Saute Onion and Garlic: Add the chopped onion to the hot oil and sauté for 2-3 minutes until it becomes translucent. Add the minced garlic and continue to sauté for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
Step 4: Add Bell Pepper and Pineapple: Add the diced red bell pepper and pineapple chunks to the pan. If you’re using frozen peas or carrots, add them at this stage as well. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
Step 5: Add Cooked Rice: Add the cooked and cooled Rettaikili Kolam Ponni rice to the pan with the sautéed vegetables and pineapple. Stir everything together to combine.