• 1.5 cup Rettai Kili Basmati rice
• 1 Cup of Pudina (Chopped )
• 1/2 Cup of Corriander (Chopped )
• 2 teaspoon Green chillies (Chopped)
• 1 teaspoon Garlic
• 1 teaspoon Ginger
• 1 Tablespoon grated Coconut
• 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
• 1.5 tablespoon Oil
• 1/2 Cup Tomatoes (Chopped )
• 3/4 cup Onion (sliced thinly)
• 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
• Salt as required
• Bay leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves, Green cardamom, Jeera, Star anise for tempering.
STEP 1. Rinse the rice 3-4 times in water until the water runs clear.
STEP 2. Soak the rice for 20-30 minutes in water.
STEP 3. Drain the water and keep the rice aside.
STEP 4: Put Mint leaves, Corriander leaves, green chilies, garlic, ginger, cumin, and grated coconut. Add 1/4 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth, Set aside.
STEP 5. Heat oil in a Pressure Cooker
STEP 6. Add all the whole spices and Jeera for tempering.
STEP 7. When the spices are sauteed well, add thinly sliced onions into the oil and saute till it turns golden brown.
STEP 8. Add the green paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder mix well and cook in medium flame for a minute.
STEP 9. Add Tomatoes mix well and cook for a minute and stir occasionally.
STEP 10. Add the soaked rice, and stir nicely.
STEP 11. Pour 2 cups of water add salt as required.
STEP 12. Now cover the lid and cook the rice in medium flame for 2 whistles.
STEP 13. Once done, fluff gently with a fork.
STEP 14. Serve the Pudina Rice garnished with coriander for your family.
Find it online: https://rettaikili.in/pudina-rice/