- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 potato, boiled & mashed
- 2 tbsp carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbsp corn
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju, chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¾ tsp salt2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup maida / plain flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- other ingredients:
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Mash 1 cup of cooked rice and mix with boiled mashed potato.
- Add finely chopped carrot, capsicum, corn, cashew, ginger paste, chili powder, garam masala, cumin powder, salt, coriander, and lemon juice.
- Mix in ½ cup breadcrumbs and shape the mixture into a soft dough.
- Prepare a slurry with ¼ cup maida, 2 tbsp cornflour, pepper powder, and salt.
- Shape small diamond cutlets, dip them in the slurry, and coat them with breadcrumbs for a crispy layer.
- Deep fry in hot oil or bake at 180°C for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Serve the crispy rice cutlets with tomato sauce.