Welcome to the world of delectable flavors and nourishing ingredients with our Sweet Corn Kernels Palak Pulao, a delightful rice dish that beautifully combines the vibrant essence of spinach and the sweetness of sweet corn kernels.Print
Corn Palak Pulao
- Basmati rice
- Fresh spinach (palak)
- Sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- Cooking oil or ghee
- Cumin seeds
- Aromatic spices (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves)
- Ginger and garlic
- Green chilies
- Turmeric powder
- Ground coriander
- Red chili powder (optional)
- Garam masala
- Rinse and Soak Rice: Start by rinsing and soaking the Basmati rice in water for about 30 minutes. This helps ensure that the rice cooks evenly and remains fluffy.
- Blanch Spinach: Boil a pot of water and briefly blanch the fresh spinach. Drain and transfer the spinach to ice-cold water to retain its vibrant green color. Blend it into a smooth paste.
- Sauté Spices: In a large pot, heat oil or ghee. Add cumin seeds and your choice of aromatic spices, such as cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. Sauté until they release their fragrance.
- Sauté Onions: Add finely chopped onions and sauté until they become translucent and slightly golden.
- Add Aromatics: Stir in minced ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Sauté until the raw smell disappears.
- Incorporate Spinach Paste: Add the freshly prepared spinach paste to the pot and mix well.
- Stir in Sweet Corn: Add the sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen) and let them combine with the spinach mixture.
- Sauté Tomatoes: Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn soft and the oil begins to separate.
- Season with Spices: Sprinkle turmeric, ground coriander, red chili powder (if desired), garam masala, and salt. Mix well.
- Drain and Add Rice: Drain the soaked rice and add it to the pot, sautéing it along with the other ingredients for a couple of minutes.
- Add Water and Cook: Pour in the appropriate amount of water, cover the pot, and let the Corn Palak Pulao simmer on low heat until the rice is cooked, and all the water is absorbed. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish and Serve: Once the rice is cooked, fluff it up with a fork, garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and serve hot.