Coconut Milk Rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- ½ tsp fennel / saunf
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 cashew / kaju
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 5 beans, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peas / mat2 cup coconut milk1 cup basmati rice, soaked 20 minutes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a cooker; sauté 1 tsp cumin, 2 pods cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, ½ tsp fennel, and 1 bay leaf.
- Add 12 cashews, and roast until golden brown.
- Add 1 onion and 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste; sauté until the raw aroma disappears.
- Additionally, add 1 carrot, 5 beans, and 2 tbsp peas. Sauté briefly without overcooking the veggies.
- Pour in 2 cups of coconut milk, and mix well.
- Add 1 cup basmati rice and ½ tsp salt.
- Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- After cooking, add 2 tbsp coriander leaves and mix well.
- Finally, enjoy the Coconut Milk Pulao, perfect when served with biryani gravy.