- Prep Time: 10minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup Rajma Red kidney beans
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 & ½ teaspoon Ginger garlic paste *see notes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 12 Mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Ghee / oil
- 1-inch Cinnamon
- 1 Clove
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds Or shahi jeera
- Soak rajma overnight. Pressure cook with 1 & ½ cups water for 4 whistles until soft.
- In a small pressure cooker, temper with ghee, green chilies, sliced onion, and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add chopped tomato, salt, red chili powder, kasuri methi, and masala powder. Fry until tomato turns mushy.
- Add 1 & ½ cups water, soaked rice, lemon juice, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Close the lid, and give 2 whistles in medium flame. Fluff the pulao once pressure is released.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with papad, raita, and pickle. Enjoy!