- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Rice Pakoda (Fritters)
- 2 cups of cooked Rettai Kili Rajabogam Ponni rice (slightly mashed)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of oil (for deep frying)
Rice pakoda is a popular Indian snack that combines the goodness of cooked rice with a blend of spices and herbs, resulting in a crispy and flavorful treat that’s perfect for tea time or as a party appetizer. Follow these easy steps to create your own batch of delicious rice Pakoda.
STEP 1. Take a mixing bowl and add 2 cups of cooked Rettai Kili Rajabogam Ponni rice and mash a bit.
STEP 2. Add sesame seeds, red chili powder, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, jeera, gram flour, fresh coriander, Chopped onion, and salt.
STEP 3. Mix all the ingredients with water.
STEP 4. Heat 1 cup of oil in a deep pan add the Pakoda mix in small portions and fry until it becomes golden colour. Toss them in between to fry all sides.
STEP 5: Take out all the Pakoda and put them all in a paper towel.
STEP 6: Serve the rice Pakoda with chutney.